Golfing Venues course directory


The Rolls of Monmouth Golf Club

The Rolls of Monmouth Golf Club
The Hendre
NP25 5HG

Tel 01600 715353

Find us on streetmap

Phone: 01600 715353
Fax: 01600 713115

Green Fees:

£38.00 to include: 18 holes of golf & 2 course lunch

Tuesday from 12.00 noon £30.00
Sunday from 12.00 noon £34.00

WINTER RATES (1st November - 31st-March}
Weekdays £30.00
Weekends £34.00

2007 Prices


Pro Shop: The Golf Shop stocks a wide range of golf accessories and clothing. Buggies, pull trolleys and club hire are available from the golf shop.

The course: The championship course is 6,733 yards and is designed in two halves which are separated by a large wooded hill area. The course demands a wide range of shots and each hole has been designed to challenge each aspect of the golfer's game.

Accommodation: Newly renovated, this delightful four bedroom cottage is situated in the middle of the golf course, a short walk from the Clubhouse and Mansion. English breakfast can be taken in our Clubhouse, or a hamper breakfast can be provided for self-catering.

• 3 twin rooms and 1 bunk bed
• 2 bathrooms with bath and shower facilities
• Lounge with French doors leading to patio
• Fully fitted kitchen
• Utility/dining area
• TV/telephone
• Towels and bed linen included
• Central heating/electricity
• Ample parking

Bed and Breakfast
£45.00 per person/per night
£40.00 per person/per night for 2 or more consecutive nights

Discounts on greenfees given to our guests

History of course: The Hendre House, originally a hunting lodge (or ‘box’ as it was called) dates back over three hundred years. It was in the ownership of the Rolls family from 1767 until 1987. The Rolls family enlarged the old house in several stages over the following decades using three famous architects, starting with George Vaughan Maddox who rebuilt parts of the south wing in 1830.

He was followed by Thomas Henry Wyatt who continued the enlargement of the south wing both to the east and to the west during the period 1837 and 1858. In 1872 he pulled down the old stables and built the present Coach House and loose boxes which for that period were very modern and forward looking. Also at this time the centre of the present house, being the Billiard Room, Smoking Room and Dining Room, were added.

The third architect was Aston Webb, well known for his work on Buckingham Palace, who added the great cedar Library wing in 1827. Many famous people were entertained here during this latter period including the Duke and Duchess of York who later became King George V and Queen Mary. In 1910, the most famous son of the Rolls family, Charles Stewart Rolls was killed in a flying accident.